Autumn Musk Ox Hunt - Greenland
Normal Program of a Musk Ox hunt in Greenland
Day 6 in the evening (return to the base camp and spend the night at the base camp) or Day 7 in the morning -
Departure for the airport and return towards Copenhagen
Day 7 - Arrival and night in Copenhagen.
Day 8 - Departure of Copenhagen and arrival in Paris / USA.
Musk Ox Hunting Package Rates:
* Priced on the basis of 6 days in Greenland with 4 Hunting days @ $7 500 per Hunter including ONE trophy Musk Ox,
You can add the following on top of your Greenland hunting package:
* Accompanying / Observers @ €3,950 per person for 6 days,
* Second Musk Ox @ $2 950,
* Non Trophy Caribou @ $750,
* Group of 4 hunters maximum,
The price of the hunt includes the following:
- The complete organization starting from Kangerlussuaq,
- Accommodation, meals and drinks with the tents and the guest house according to the program,
- Meet and greet and assistance on arrival and departure of Kangerlussuaq,
- All displacements “conveys” and “boat” used on the hunt,
- All hunting permits,
– In the fishing season (Arctic Omble) but no fishing equipment provided,
- Trophy fees of Caribou or a musk ox according to the fixed price or package chosen, small hunting (to check the dates of openings before validation).
The price of the hunt does not include:
- International air transports outward journey/return until Kangerlussuaq,
- Insurance drives out covering you for this travel,
– The possible hiring of a rifle ($250),
- The personal expenditure,
- The repatriation of the trophy in France and the expenses of taxidermy,
- The taxi and the hotel in Copenhagen,
– The fee and of agency ($250),
- The bearing of your trophies by the guides since the camping, in the event of overload and of incapacity to carry ($20 per kilometre), all that is not mentioned in the list “the price of the stay understands”, above.
Packing list for your Greenland Musk Ox Hunt
Be Vigilant!!! This hunting adventure will only be pleasant if you have the correct equipment!
Here is what we suggest you take on your hunting trip in Greenland:
- A proper hiking rucksack (app. 20 litres),
• Min. 4 pair of socks: Wear 2 pair at a time + 2 extra. Pure Wool!
• 1 set of performance underwear (Thin),
• 1 set of performance underwear (Thick),
• 1 pair of mittens: Big enough to wear thin gloves beneath them.
• 2 pair of thin finger mittens: Pure wool is the best. You can buy finger mittens in Ilulissat, but they are not made of pure wool.
• Hat/cap: A wind stopper that covers your ears is the best choice.
• Trousers made of fleece: Polartec 200 – 300.
• Fleece jacket/pullover: Polartec 200 – 300.
• Windproof trousers: Gore-tex or similar,
• Windproof jacket: Gore-tex or similar,
• Windproof and isolated leggings/overall trousers: Trousers made of sealskin can be rented in Ilulissat,
• Windproof and isolated jacket: Anorak made of sealskin can be rented in Ilulissat,
• Polar boots: Can be rented in Ilulissat.
• Thermos flask: This should be made of steel.
• Personal medicine,
• Knives: Pocket, Skinning, Sharp pointed knive for caping,
Furthermore we recommend you bring:
• A small rucksack for a day’s journey,
• If possible 1 extra set performance wear,
• 2 pair of thin finger mittens extra,
• If possible extra hat/cap,
• Ski glasses,
• Sun protection: Without water,
• Sun blocker: Without water,
• Camera, extra batteries,
• Torch, extra batteries,
• Sleeping bag inlet (sheet sleeping bag),
• Literature: In case of bad weather,
No specific vaccines is required for Greenland.
Booking flights for your Greenland Hunt
We can assist and take care of your air reservations, do not hesitate to ask us any time!
Hotel reservations Copenhagen
We will undertake to book your room in our partner hotel. The rates will be communicated to you according to the
number of people and rooms, of the service and the style of room which you wish. Only the reservation of the taxi
will have to be to made at the airport. There is a lot of taxis around the exit of the airport. The hotel is only
10minutes from the airport.
Shipping and delivery of the trophies to Copenhagen
We ensure the delivery of your or your trophies to Copenhagen (obligatory Passage) – the cost of delivery to this
destination is of €600 for the 1st trophy and €400 more in the event of second trophy.
The delivery of the trophies from Copenhagen to your residence will be done by the forwarding agent of your choice.
Final Price: $7 500 per Hunter
Safari Points: 7500pts per hunter (Earn safari points for discount on your next hunt with JKO Hunting Safaris at any of our destinations.)