Reindeer (Caribou) Hunt – Greenlandfrom
You earn 7 500 Safari Point
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
Reindeer (Caribou) Hunting Package Rates:
Packing list for your Greenland Reindeer Hunt
• A proper hiking rucksack (app. 20 liters),
• Min. 4 pairs of socks: Wear 2 pairs at a time + 2 extra. Pure Wool!
• 1 set of performance underwear (Thin),
• 1 set of performance underwear (Thick),
• 1 pair of mittens: Big enough to wear thin gloves beneath them.
• 2 pairs of thin finger mittens: Pure wool is the best. You can buy finger mittens in Ilulissat, but they are not made of pure wool.
• Hat/cap: A wind stopper that covers your ears is the best choice.
• Trousers made of fleece: Polartec 200 – 300.
• Fleece jacket/pullover: Polartec 200 – 300.
• Windproof trousers: Gore-tex or similar,
• Windproof Jacket: Gore-tex or similar,
• Windproof and isolated leggings/overall trousers: Trousers made of sealskin can be rented in Ilulissat,
• Windproof and isolated jacket: Anorak made of sealskin can be rented in Ilulissat,
• Polar boots: Can be rented in Ilulissat.
• Thermos flask: This should be made of steel.
• Personal medicine,
• Knives: Pocket, Skinning, Sharp pointed knife for caping,
Furthermore, we recommend you bring:
• A small rucksack for a day’s journey,
• If possible 1 extra set of performance wear,
• 2 pairs of thin finger mittens extra,
• If possible extra hat/cap,
• Ski glasses,
• Sun protection: Without water,
• Sun blocker: Without water,
• Camera, extra batteries,
• Torch, extra batteries,
• Sleeping bag inlet (sheet sleeping bag),
• Literature: In case of bad weather,
No specific vaccines are required for Greenland.
– The complete organization starting from Kangerlussuaq,
– Accommodation, meals, and drinks with the tents and the guest house according to the program,
– Meet and greet and assistance on arrival and departure of Kangerlussuaq,
– All displacements “convey” and “boat” used on the hunt,
– All hunting permits,
– In the fishing season (Arctic Omble) but no fishing equipment is provided,
– Trophy fees of Caribou or a musk ox according to the fixed price or package is chosen, small hunting (to check the dates of openings before validation).
– International air transports outward journey/return until Kangerlussuaq,
– Insurance drives out covering you for this travel,
– The possible hiring of a rifle ($250),
– The personal expenditure,
– The repatriation of the trophy in France and the expenses of taxidermy,
– The taxi and the hotel in Copenhagen,
– The fee and of agency ($250),
– The bearing of your trophies by the guides since the camping, in the event of overload and of incapacity to carry ($20 per kilometer), all that is not mentioned in the list “the price of the stay understands”, above.
Arrival at Copenhagen
Departure from the USA in the evening for Copenhagen, overnight in Copenhagen.
Departure from Copenhagen the morning for Kangerlussuaq (Greenland).
* Meet and Greet at the airport, transfer to the guesthouse (5 min of car), change of clothing, preparation of equipment and beginning to set up camp for the hunt (tents), duration of time to campsite as follows: 45 kilometres by car, 30-minute walk ( around 2km’s) and 20 minutes on boat.
Day 3 - 6
(On foot –OBLIGATORY perfect physical Condition),
* Principal Camping will be necessary for the autumn hunt. For the hunters also wishing to drive out a musk ox in autumn, it will be necessary to go 3 hours further on foot (7.5kms) to reach the second camping site.
* The hunter must obligatorily be able to carry the trophy of his animal harvested on his back from the place harvested to the camping site, then from the camping site to the boat with a rucksack.
* The client will also be asked to take part in the preparation of the trophy after it is harvested (assistance with the guide) and in the transport of the meat if that is necessary. In the event of the client not being able to help, it is possible to call on the services of the guides, there will be extra costs for these services.
At the end of Day 6, in the evening (return to the guest house and spend the night in the guest house) in the morning depart for the airport and return to Copenhagen.
Back in Copenhagen
Arrival and night in Copenhagen.
Departure from Copenhagen
Departure from Copenhagen and arrival in the USA.
We will undertake to book your room in our partner hotel. The rates will be communicated to you according to the number of people and rooms.